Tit-Bit: Four new suburban trains connecting Baiyappanahalli metro station to nearby technology hubs, Bellandur and Electronic city, have started its operations from yesterday. MEMU services which will run on the city railway station – Whitefield track are in line with DEMU services on the Banaswadi – Hosur line, running for six days a week.
New Train Services and Timings
Baiyappanahalli to Bellandur. With the introduction of new service, passengers can cut their commute time by 30 minutes as against one hour by road.
- The first train will leave Banaswadi at 9:50 AM and return from Hosur at 11:15 AM.
- The second train will leave Banaswadi at 12:40 PM and turn back from Hosur at 3:20 PM.
- These trains cover Baiyappanahalli, Carmelaram, Heelalige, Anekal Road station and others on their way.
- A train on Hosur line is also introduced that will run via Baiyappanahalli and during non-peak hours, two new trains will run from Baiyappanahalli to Whitefield.
- It is said that BMTC bus service to Heelaige railways station shall be introduced, 6 km from Electronic City.
Piyush Goyal announced the launch on Twitter and said,
“Central Government on its commitment to politics of development & good governance is introducing 8 new suburban train services in Bengaluru on 12th March. A big relief to commuters between Baiyappanahalli – Whitefield & Hosur – Banaswadi, connecting IT hubs of the city to business areas.”
Get the Best of Bengaluru delivered to your inbox. Subscribe to MetroSaga and never miss an update from us.