South’s megastar Chiranjeevi turns 62 today. And, on this special occasion of his life, the actor will be celebrating his birthday in a unique way. Yes, the actor’s 151st film Uyyalawada Narasimha Reddy’s first motion picture is going to be releasing on this special occasion. However, despite being a special person in India, the actor is still unknown to many.
Thus, we have brought some interesting facts about the megastar of the south industry.
1. People know this megastar as Chiranjeevi, but his real name is Konidela Siva Sankara Vara Prasad. However, due to such big-name, he made it short and catchy, Chiranjeevi.
2. Chiranjeevi was one of the highest-paid actors in India. He beat all those yesteryear actors and competed with Bollywood stars at his peak.
3. Interestingly, Chiranjeevi’s old hit films are given to the distributors and exhibitors for free whenever they lose money on his new film.
4. Chiranjeevi is the only actor in the history of Indian Cinema who has done single, double and triple role film records for 100 days.
5. Chiranjeevi is a true achiever. He has won seven Filmfare Awards for Best Actor in Southern Filmfare Awards. He is the actor who has most awards in the same category in Telugu cinema.
6. Chiranjeevi is the first South Indian actor who was invited to attend the Oscar Awards presentation in 1987.
7. Chiranjeevi holds a doctorate degree. The Andhra University presented him with Honorary Doctorate award because of his skills and talent.
8. Many don’t know that Chiranjeevi Megastar was given the nickname of T Nata Kishor by a former Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh because of his work and talent.
9. You will be shocked after knowing that Chiranjeevi was almost going to star in a Hollywood film – The return of the thief of Baghdad, but the shooting came to a halt for unknown reasons.
10. He is the first Indian actor to start a personal website on the internet.