The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), and the Congress have all ruled out different types of manifestos before the Delhi polls. With just two days to go for the Delhi election, people in the national capital are confused about whom to vote. Here is a list of vote promises done by all the parties which may help electors keep up a choice while voting in the Delhi Assembly election on February 8.
1.5 crore Delhi voters will be choosing their fate on Saturday and the three major parties have released their manifestos, each offering varieties of plans.
Aam Aadmi party
The AAP released a 28-point election manifesto for the assembly polls in which it has promised various things to the citizens. We have sorted the most important things announced by Arvind Kejriwal’s AAP.
- Doorstep delivery of ration
- Free bus rides for women
- Free subsidy on water
- Senior citizens to be taken to pilgrimage over the next five years
- 24-hour shopping areas in key commercial areas
- ₹1 crore compensation for the kin of sanitation workers who die while on duty
- Lessons on Desh bhakti in the educational syllabus
- Continues efforts to appoint a Jan Lokpal.
- Fresh appointment of Safai Karamcharis (sanitation staff) in the city
- Inclusion of Bhojpuri into the 8th Schedule of the Constitution
- Develop the Yamuna riverside
- Widen Delhi’s Metro network to 500km
- Conduct spoke English classes
- Amnesty scheme for pending value-added tax (VAT) cases
- Compensation to farmers on crop loss
Bharatiya Janata Party
BJP’s manifesto pitches corruption-free, development-oriented election plank in the Delhi Assembly. Here is the list of important things announced by BJP.
- Like the Amm Admi, the BJP has also promised water supply in every home of Delhi.
- Promises jobs to over 10,000 unemployed
- Permanent jobs to contractual employees
- Free electric scooter for girls going to college
- Wheat flour at Rs 2 per kg
- Ideas to ‘tackle water and air pollution’
- Ayushman Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana, and Kisan Samman Nidhi will be implemented as soon as the government is formed
- 10 new colleges and 200 new schools will be given to Delhi
- 10 thousand crores will develop the infrastructure of Delhi
- Beti Padhao Yojna Will give two lakh rupees when a daughter is 21 years old
- Students going to Class IX will be given free cycles
- 51 thousand rupees will be given to the poor widow’s daughter for marriage
- Fit India and Khelo India will form a new sports policy for Delhi.
The grand old party has released the manifesto and has viewed Nyay Yojana, pollution, education for girls as primary agenda. Here are the Important things announced by Congress.
- 25 percent of Delhi Budget on fighting pollution and improving transport
- Free electricity up to 300 units.
- Allowing Rs 5,000 crore for start-up fund
- Unemployment allowance of Rs 5,000 per month for graduates and Rs 7,500 for postgraduates
- Scheme to provide electricity up to two hundred units to small shopkeepers.
- Pension of all elders, widows and disabled persons increased from 2500 to 5000.
- The daughters will be educated up to the Ph.D. level.
- 33% reservation for women in government jobs.
- Promising to regularise rest of the unauthorized colonies in Delhi and launch a project worth Rs 35,000 crore for their uplift
- Promised to pass a resolution against the Citizenship Amendment Act
- A great Jan Lokpal bill will be brought within 6 months.
All parties are locked and loaded, they have given it all to impress the voters to pick them for the next 5 years of the Delhi Assembly. The much-awaited seventy assembly constituencies in Delhi will go to poll on Saturday. Today is the last day for campaigning, and the election results are to be announced on Tuesday.