All the states across the country have been devising their own set of rules for returnees from different states. Karnataka has also made its set of rules, the most important of which is that the returnees from six “high prevalence” states will have to undergo 7 days of institutional quarantine and if they are tested negative, they must further undergo 7 days of home quarantine.
The Seva Sindu Application
The Government has also notified that irrespective of the mode of transport, the returnees must register themselves on the ‘Seva Sindu’ application to enter the state. Further, for people traveling back to the state by road, they have to obtain an e-pass from the ‘Seva Sindu’ portal.
Rules at the Bengaluru Airport
The Bangalore International Airport Limited (BIAL) has introduced several features across the airport which encourages minimal physical contact. Here are some of the newly-introduced features:
- Passengers will have to wear masks and carry e-boarding or printed passes during the pre-entry process.
- The travelers will need to undergo a thermal scan and will have to show that the Aarogya Setu app on the passenger’s mobile phone has the ‘you-are-safe’ message.
- CISF personnel will then verify the boarding pass and Government-issued Photo ID using an electronic device or through a magnified glass screen.
- The doormats will be soaked with bleach at the terminal entrance to disinfect the shoes.
- There will be a contact-less self-service kiosk where the passengers will collect the baggage tag before proceeding to the airline counter to drop-off luggage.
- A transparent partition has been installed at the airport, to ensure the safety of both airline staff and passengers at the airline bag drop counters.
- Under the new contact-less process, body scanning will be done using door frame metal detectors.
- Stamping of the boarding pass has been suspended, as directed by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation
- Before boarding, the airline staff will once again do thermal screening and then permit boarding.
Source: Times Now News