When we look at those runners around us bouncing along sidewalks and trails every day, we wonder what gets these folks going and how they convince themselves to do it so relentlessly. Well, it is because they realize the Importance of running, and how important it is to live a better life. Are you among those who don’t agree with it? Well, here are 7 reasons to hit the ground running and the benefits of running daily
Run for your Life, Run for your health
1. Helps to stay positive – Running is the best way of turning a bad day into a good one. Active people always see the glass as half full. All your negative thoughts seem to go away with every step you take, and by the time you finish running, you feel highly motivated.
2. Better Sleep – Running encourages better sleep as it triggers an increase in body temperature, and after running the fall in temperature may help you to fall asleep. Running can also trim down sleeping disorders caused by decreasing depression and anxiety.
3. Turns down the pressure – Running can help you to lower your risk of high blood pressure, diabetes and high cholesterol.
4. Increases Lifespan – People who run every day enjoys a healthy heart. It reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease. Even if you run for 10 minutes a day, you can add at least three years to your life.
5. Increases stamina – Regular running improves stamina and makes your other workouts more productive and fun. Everyone wants to have a good stamina even if you are not on a track or at the gym.
6. Improves Brain Performance – For healthy aging adults, running helps to improve cognition and cardiovascular fitness.
7. Build stronger bones – Running helps to build strong muscles that even some of the lower-impact workouts ignore.
Interesting read – Less known weight loss diets
Regular running not only helps you meet your physical activity requirements but also promotes your overall health. Ten minutes of running all it takes to reap the benefits of this most accessible sport.