Jai Hind: Top Hizbul Terrorist Gunned Down in Kashmir After A Shootout That Lasted For Over 12 Hours

Hizbul Terrorist

Reports coming in from Kashmir suggests that a top commander of the Hizbul Mujahideen Riyaz Naikoo is gunned down in Kashmir. After he was known to be hiding in Beighpora of Awantipora, a joint search operation was been launched by the Jammu and Kashmir Police, the Indian Army, and the Central Reserve Police Force. After a shootout that lasted for over 12 hours, the terrorist was neutralized.

In a major win for the Armed Forces in Jammu and Kashmir, top Hizbul commander who was on the run for eight years, Riyaz Naikoo has been killed in an encounter in Pulwama district. The operation was jointly carried out by the Jammu and Kashmir Police, the armed forces and the CRPF. Two unidentified terrorists have also been killed in the encounter.


Meanwhile, it is reported that a terrorist was killed in an encounter in Pulwama. The forces had launched a search operation in the Beighpora region when the gun battle broke out between the terrorists and the armed forces. The operation was launched after the information was leaked about the Hizbul terrorist hideout in the region.

Mobile internet in Jammu and Kashmir has been suspended again as a precautionary measure as the forces continue their efforts to capture the Hizbul terrorist. The shootout that began late in the night yesterday is set to go on through the day until the terrorist is captured.

J and K
Courtesy: Republic World

In the past two months, several operations have been launched in Jammu and Kashmir. In the last three days alone, eight security personnel have been martyred in various encounters.


Various encounters in the last two weeks

On Sunday, five Indian security forces personnel were killed in an encounter with militants in Handwara region of Jammu and Kashmir. In those who were martyred were an army colonel, a major, two Army jawans and a police sub-inspector.

In Pulwama district, the security forces managed to kill two militants in the Dangarpora area as reported by the Kashmir Zone Police. Following the encounter, stones were pelted by the residents of the area. While the officers of the Central Reserve Police Force were marching back, a grenade was thrown at them.

On the 29th of April, three militants were killed in a gunfight in the Melhora village in the Shopian district. A week earlier, on the 22nd of April, four militants were killed in the village. After an encounter between militants and the security forces broke out in Lower Munda in the Qazigund area of Kulgam district on the 27th of April, three militants were killed in the operation. The previous day, in the same district of Kulgam, four other militants were killed.


On the 24th of April, police constable Sartaj Ahmad Itoo who was abducted was rescued and two militants in a brief shootout in the Shirpora Frisal area of the district.

Source: OneIndia