Prime Minister Narendra Modi is easily the most applauded and criticized political figure in India. If we keep all the critics aside then Mr.Modi and his actions have always created a buzz in the country. We all follow him on different Social media channels and his tweets/posts have not fallen flat to impress us.
He is one of the most digitally active politicians we have around and the way he used Social Media for BJP’s political campaign is a testament to it. In an argument with a hashtag #BlockNarendraModi going viral a day before, the question about Narendra Modi’s twitter account definitely haunted us. In reality, who handles Narendra Modi’s Twitter Account? It is he himself or is there a person appointed? Come, let us know.
It is Dr. Hiren Joshi who handles Narendra Modi’s Twitter Account
If sources are to be believed then Dr. Hiren Joshi manages PM’s twitter account and other Social media handles. He was handpicked by Mr. Modi himself, way back in 2008 as an officer in CMO and he continues to handle the same responsibility in the PMO as well.
Referring to Lance Price Book on Modi’s 2014 Campaign, we come to know that when Modi was careening the country doing rallies, Joshi would sit in Gandhi Nagar and send out tweets on Modi’s behalf.
5 Things You Should Know about Dr. Hiren Joshi
1. Economic Times did a profile on Hiren Joshi. He is an Electronics Engineer from Pune with a Ph.D. from the Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management, Gwalior.
2. He was an Assistant Professor at Manikya Lal Verma Textile and Engineering College, Bhilwara. Dr.Hiren had a rich 18 years of experience as a teacher before he was picked by Mr.Modi to handle his digital presence in 2008.
3. Incident: It was a time when Narendra Modi was a Chief Minister of Gujarat. During one of the events organized for Engineers by Gujarat Government, there was a technical glitch observed. Joshi was present in the event and rushed to resolve the issue successfully which eventually impressed Narendra Modi.
4. Joshi gives a daily report of all the online activities to Narendra Modi at 8:30 PM and shortlists 100 of the thousand messages marked to Modi on his Social accounts.
5. Joshi is also responsible for managing Modi’s blogs, websites, Twitter and FB Accounts. Joshi is the person who keeps an eye on important dates to ensure that appropriate messages are sent from PM’s account. He is assisted by a Research team which works from different parts of the country.
So, now you know who handles Narendra Modi’s twitter account and Social media channels. If you have anything to share about the topic then please contribute your words in the comments below.
Get the best of Metrosaga delivered to your inbox. Subscribe to Metrosaga and never miss an update from us.