In this article, we are going to show you why the filter gets dirty if a dirty filter has symptoms, which are the main contaminants, how to prevent it from getting dirty or spoiling prematurely and what problems it generates.
Why is the fuel filter obstructed?
The fuel filter is clogged and does not work well because it has not been changed when appropriate or because it has been blocked prematurely due to poor fuel quality, driving, excessive ambient humidity and other environmental factors that can dramatically lengthen or shorten the Fuel filter life. One can get the best solution for this type of issue at Auto Shop Tucson.
The gasoline or diesel filter has to filter a host of impurities that would damage our engine, so it is very easy to get dirty quickly.
The fuel has many pollutants that cause a series of particles and residues that should not pass to our engine and that the fuel filter should prevent its entry.
Acceleration problems: This could be one of the main obstruction symptoms since it is the moment in which we demand more amount of fuel at a given time, and if the adequate amount does not enter or is contaminated by waste the acceleration will be very unstable and of lower performance.
Symptoms of a dirty or obstructed fuel filter
When a fuel filter is dirty or clogged it will always affect the quality of combustion, the fuel pump and everything related to the entry of fuel and dirt into the engine.
The main symptoms of a dirty fuel filter are:
- Loss of engine power: because the quality or quantity of fuel is not adequate due to the obstruction of the filter that does not reduce the flow of gasoline or diesel and allows the entry of contaminants that hinder combustion.
- Start-up problems: If the fuel filter is completely clogged, it will not allow fuel to pass and the car will not start if it is partially clogged it will cost you to start.
- Acceleration problems: This could be one of the main obstruction symptoms since it is the moment in which we demand more amount of fuel at a given time, and if the adequate amount does not enter or is contaminated by waste the acceleration will be very unstable and of lower performance.
- Unstable idle. For the bad combustion: That the car stops during the march: This can occur
when the car has been stopped for a long time since the fuel has deteriorated generating many
particles that go into suspension when the engine starts and during the march they accumulate
in the filter and they end up plugging it and at that moment the car stops completely due to lack
- Increase in fuel consumption: Being the clogged filter does not enter the right amount of
gasoline and our engine need more fuel to get our car running, increasing consumption.
- All these symptoms are similar to when we have the fuel system and dirty carbon injectors,
since they cause bad combustion due to a bad air-fuel mixture.
What are the problems generating an obtrude fuel filter?
A clogged fuel filter would not properly filter the waste so it would enter the engine and could lead to serious breakdowns and problems:
- Engine combustion instability.
- Inefficient filtration can cause fuel cuts because the fuel cannot pass through the filter due to
excessive plugging that triggers engine failures, leaks, and even fires.
- If the fuel pump is broken, because solid waste could break it, it could also burn from overwork.
- That the entire fuel system gets dirty by the waste that does not stop entering the diesel or
- Obstruction of the injectors by the accumulation of waste with the serious failures that it entails.