Major traffic disruptions are expected in Bengaluru on account of the visit of President of India Droupadi Murmu to various places in the city, including Hindustan Aeronautics Limited, the Vidhana Soudha, and the St Joseph’s College.
Traffic restrictions and diversions
The Bengaluru Traffic Police has imposed restrictions and diversions in various parts of the city ahead of President Draupadi Murmu’s three-day visit to Karnataka. From September 26 to September 28, traffic restrictions will be in effect. On Monday evening, the President arrived in the city. A few roads in central Bengaluru have been declared only for VIPs, and police have advised the public to avoid them, reported Indian Express.
“In view of the visit of dignitaries to Bengaluru city, in the interest of smooth traffic and safety one-way roads within the jurisdiction of Cubbon Park and Ashoknagar traffic police stations have been temporarily converted into two-way traffic roads,” Bengaluru joint commissioner of police (traffic) B R Ravikanthe Gowda said in an official note.
The Raj Bhavan road, which is one-way, has been declared a two-way between the Raj Bhavan and Thimmaiah Circle from September 26 to September 27 for the movement of dignitaries.
On Tuesday, September 27, in the morning there will be traffic restrictions between Raj Bhavan Road and the Old Airport from 9.30 am to 11.30 am. In the evening from 3.40 pm to 8.00 pm, there will be restrictions in the area from the Raj Bhavan Road leading to Langford Road, and St Joseph’s College where President Murmu will attend an event.
Traffic on the Infantry Road, Kasturba Road, Queens Road, Richmond Road, Langford Road, and Dr. Ambedkar road is probable to be impacted Tuesday evening.
Meanwhile, on Wednesday morning, traffic restrictions will be on the route between the Raj Bhavan and the Old Airport Road as President Murmu concludes a three-day visit that begins Monday. She will inaugurate the Dasara festivities in Mysuru Monday.
Know routes here:
1) Raj Bhavan Road in Cubbon Park limits, from Raj Bhavan Road to Thimmiah Circle, has been designated a two-way street for dignitaries only.
2) Richmond Road in Ashok Nagar Police Station limits, from Richmond Circle to Baldwin Girls High School, has also been designated a two-way street for dignitaries only.
3) People should avoid Old Airport Road, M.G. Road, Dickanson Road, K.R. Road, and Cubbon Road, Raj Bhavan, between 5:30 pm and 6:00 pm on Monday.
4) On Tuesday, avoid traveling between 9:30 am and 11:30 am on Raj Bhavan Road, Infantry Road, K.R. Road, Cubbon Road – Dickonson Road, M.G. Road, Old Airport Road, and Suranjandas Road.
5) Raj Bhavan Road, Infantry Road, Queen’s Road, Kasturiba Road, Richmond Road, Langford Road, and Ambedkar Road will be closed to traffic on Tuesday from 3:40 am to 8:00 pm.
6) On Wednesday, the public would not be able to travel on Raj Bhavan Road, Infantry Road, K.R. Road, Cubbon Road, Dickenson Road, M.G. Road, or Old Airport Road from 9 am to 9 30 am.