The latest update regarding the Sushant Singh Rajput suicide case is that Maharashtra Home Minister has denied the necessity for a CBI investigation.
Since the death of the actor, there has been massive public pressure of having a CBI inquiry into the case. Despite the pressure, for a long time, there wasn’t any intention by the establishment to hand over the case to the CBI. BJP MP Subramanian Swamy took it upon himself and tweeted that he would take the case to the CBI. On Thursday, he even wrote to the Prime Minister urging him to have a CBI inquiry into the matter.
In an interview with Mid-Day, the home minister of Maharashtra state, Anil Deshmukh said that the Mumbai police are competent enough to handle such cases and therefore there is no necessity for a CBI inquiry. He said,
“I have the tweets and the campaign. But I don’t think a CBI probe is required. The Mumbai Police are competent enough to handle such cases and they are investigating every aspect of the case including professional rivalry. As of now, we do not see any foul play. Details of the investigation will be shared once it is completed.”
Rhea Appeals To Amit Shah
On Thursday, Sushant Singh’s girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty took to Twitter and Instagram and requested Union Home Minister Amit Shah to order a CBI inquiry into the case. She wrote,
“Respected Amit Shah sir, I am Sushant Singh Rajput’s girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty. It is now over a month since his sudden demise. I have complete faith in the government, however, in the interest of justice, I request you with folded hands to initiate a CBI inquiry into this matter. I only want to understand what pressures prompted Sushant to take this step. Yours sincerely, Rhea Chakraborty.”
On the other hand, the Mumbai Police are continuing to investigate the case. The police have recorded statements of 35 people so far. An officer close to the investigation said,
“We are not waiting for forensic reports to get more clarity. Our investigation continues to look into the professional rivalry angle.”