Whenever we hear the word “God of Cricket” only one player that comes into our mind and it has to be none other than the Master Blaster Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar. The man who ruled the game of cricket for the past two decades and broke all possible records has turned 46 today.
After playing 24 years for his country, the little master announced his retirement from cricket in 2013. Therefore, he finished his career as the leading run-getter in international cricket, with 34,357 runs across all formats. Indeed he was the first player ever to smash a double hundred in ODI against South Africa as he remained unbeaten scoring 200* out of 147 balls.
Sudhir Kumar Chaudhary, A Die-Hard Sachin fan
The litter master leads the biggest fan-following in India and all over the world. However, there are many fans who have redefined the craze and have gone miles to express their love and devotion. There is one such fan who has devoted his entire life to Sachin Tendulkar and the Indian cricket team, his name is Sudhir Kumar Chaudhary. The man who we all have seen on television, his body painted in the Indian Tricolors, with Sachin Tendulkar’s name painted across when India is playing.
Let us know 10 things About Sachin’s Biggest Fan, Mr. Sudhir Chaudhary
1. His passion for cricket and love for Sachin started in the year 2002. Sachin Tendulkar scored 36 runs against England at the Eden Gardens in Kolkata and amazed Sudhir, who later decided to give up everything and follow Tendulkar for full time.
2. In the year 2003, India was hosting a tri-series with New Zealand and Australia. In 3 weeks, Sudhir cycled 1700 km from Muzaffarpur, Bihar, to Mumbai. His primary intention on reaching was to meet Sachin himself.
3. Sachin was attending a press conference at the Trident Hotel. Sudhir learned about this and he somehow waded through journalists and photographers and fell at Sachin’s feet. Later Sachin also invited him home for lunch. Additionally, Sachin also gave him a ticket for an upcoming match.
4. Sudhir once traveled to Mumbai to deliver 1000 litchis at Tendulkar’s house. Sachin, in turn, sponsors his tickets to all India matches.
5. Till now Sudhir has quit 3 different jobs just because to travel with team India. He first quit a job at Sudha Dairy in Muzaffarpur. He left as soon as he had enough money to obtain a passport and travel abroad with the Indian Cricket Team.
6. In 2004, he got a job at Shiksha Mitra, but for that, he would have to undergo training in February. But it was India’s tour of Pakistan. So he decided to ditch the job and cycle all the way to Pakistan.
7. He used to travel by train to watch cricket but he wouldn’t buy tickets. Therefore, once he was caught and only escaped a fine by proving that he was Sachin Sir’s biggest fan. The ticket collector told him that by traveling without a ticket, he was spoiling Tendulkar’s name. Since then he has never traveled without a ticket.
8. Sudhir started sporting a mini World Cup replica on his head in 2011 World Cup. As India won the World Cup at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai, Sachin called him into the dressing room for the post-match celebrations. Sudhir was also allowed to hold the World Cup trophy.
9. At 2015 World Cup, his trip was sponsored by the radio channel, Fever 104. He was the face of the campaign which was One-Day Mataram, whose tag line was ‘Prove you are India’s craziest cricket fan’.
10. Sudhir did not speak to his father in years. Her sister calls him a lot, especially during Raksha Bandhan, but Sudhir says that he doesn’t have time for family. On the rare occasions that he’s home, he gets up and walks out when his father sits down to eat next to him.
Cricket in India is like Football in Brazil or Spain. The enthusiasm and excitement are above all other things. Supporting the Indian cricket team seems to be the only thing on Sudhir’s mind. However, for Sudhir, Cricket flows in his blood but Sachin is his soul. “I will cheer Team India, but with Sachin Sir’s name written on my body. I will carry his name, As long as I’m able to walk,” says Sudhir