Maulana Saad Kandhalvi, the head of Tablighi Jamaat that organized a gathering in Delhi’s Nizamuddin area last month, has reportedly released an audio statement, directing his followers to self-quarantine themselves.
An appeal to people
According to the Times Now report, the Delhi Police had on Tuesday filed an FIR against Maulana Saad for violating lockdown orders and operating a big religious gathering, which has now become one of the major COVID-19 hotspots in the country. Since then, Saad has been absconding since March 28.
Now, in an audio release, Maulana Saad has promised to extend full cooperation to the government in its fight against coronavirus. The cleric has also requested to his fraternity to stay indoors and avoid gatherings.
Sins of a human being
“We should avoid gathering at places and follow what the government and law want us to do. We also must provide support and help to them in these times,” Saad said while appealing to his Tablighi Jamaat members.
— Shama Ayyub (@_iamSA1) April 1, 2020
“Quarantine yourself, no matter where you are, it is not against Islam or Shariyat,” he added.
In the message, Saad also said that he has quarantined himself in Delhi as per the advice of doctors. He further claimed that “the pandemic is due to sins of a human being committed by them.”
Meanwhile, the Markaz was evacuated yesterday. Afterward, Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia tweeted, “After 36 hours of operation with the help of medical staff, DTC till 4 a.m. whole building has been emptied. A total of 2,361 persons were found out of which 617 have been admitted to the hospitals, and the rest of them have been quarantined.”