On the occasion of Women’s day 2022, the President of India, Ram Nath Kovind conferred the Nari Shakti Puraskars on 29 outstanding individuals for 2020 and 2021.
In total 28 award were given, 14 for each year, 2020 and 2021. The Nari Shakti Puraskar is a Women and Child Development Ministry initiative to acknowledge exceptional contribution made by individuals and institutions, and to celebrate women as game-changers and catalysts of positive change in society.
It awards to the individuals hailing from fields like entrepreneurship, agriculture, innovation, social work, education and literature, linguistics, arts and crafts, STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics), disability rights, merchant navy and wildlife conservation.
The list this year includes popular awardees like –
- Anita Gupta, organic farmer
- Tribal activist Ushaben Dineshbhai Vasava
- Intel-India head Nivruti Rai
- Down syndrome affected Kathak Dancer Saylee Nandkishor Agavane
- First woman snake rescuer Vanita Jagdeo Borade
- Mathematician Neena Gupta among others
President Ram Nath Kovind confers 'Nari Shakti Puruskar' to women from various fields earlier today on the occasion of International Women's Day pic.twitter.com/8eQpwRlaJo
— ANI (@ANI) March 8, 2022