Virat Kohli, the man who can hit boundaries like a Boss and the player who can hit sixes like a Hulk is a promising present and the future of Indian Cricket team. The way he has lead the team and have won the matches for India is truly phenomenal. No doubt, Mr. Virat Kohli is an outstanding batsman from his early career and with the current form he is going through, experts opine that if any one could break the world records then it is Kohli, Kohli and only the Virat Kohli. I was not a Virat Kohli fanatic but after watching this video, I became the maniac of him and started celebrating every of his move on the field. Which is that one Over that made Kohli a Superstar? Let’s take a quick look at Virat Kohli records on today’s read.
Virat Kohli – The Man for all formats
Right from his ODI debut in 2008, T20 in 2010, and Test in 2011, Virat has been a prolific scorer across all formats of the game. Virat is so consistent and smashing on the ground that he went past Don Bradman and Rahul Dravid by scoring four double centuries in four successive series in 2016-17.
Recommended – Diet Plan of Virat Kohli and Secrets to his Fitness
Virat also holds the record of scoring the fastest ODI Hundred for India in just 52 balls in 2013. His five fifties in six T20 games of T20 World Cup is equally applauded and appreciated.
People started comparing him to the Great Sachin Tendulkar when he became the fastest batsman to 5000 ODI runs and the quickest to 10 ODI Centuries. If we look at his T20 Career, Virat enjoys the record of fastest 1000 runs and most runs in a calendar year with maximum fifties added to his scorecard. He is also one of the successful captains of India with 16 Test wins.
Virat Kohli Records in ODIs
- Highest avg in the history of odi cricket(58.11).
- 2nd most 100s in the history of odi cricket ( 34)
- 1 of the only 2 players to score 30+ odi 100s
- Most 100s in run chases (20)
- Most 100s in successfull run chaces (18)
- Highest avg in run chases (66.3)
- Fastest Indian to score 1000, 4000, 5000, 6000, and 7000 run mark in ODIs.
- Fastest Indian to 10 ODI 100s.
- Fastest indian to 20 ODI 100s.
- Fastest in the history to 30 ODI 100s.
- Youngest to score an ODI 100 against all test playing nation.
- Youngest to score an ODI 100 in all regular playing nations.
- Fastest to score an odi 100 in all regular playing nations.
- Only Asian player to have 50+ avg in SA, Aus, NZ, and Eng.
- Most 100s while chasing 300+ score.
- Only player to score 3 100s in 3 successful 350+ chases.
- ODI cricketer of the year 2012.
- ODI cricketer of the year 2017.
- Most runs in a calender year by a captain.
- Most 100s in a calender year by a captain.
- 1000+ runs in 4 consecutive years joined most with Sourva Ganguly.
- Most ODI cricketer of the year award by an Indian (2) joined with MSD.
- Best 50-100 conversion rate after 200 matches.
- Most no.of consecutive 100s (6).
- Only player to score a 100 in all the countries he has played.
- ICC ODI Player of the Year in 2012
- BCCI’s International cricketer of the year for the 2011-12 and 2014-15 seasons
- Arjuna Award in 2013
It is just a beginning and there is a long way to go. Let’s celebrate Virat Kohli’s Journey and support him to cling the epitome of success. If you are a RCB fan then he is the man who is going to play an important role in the game.
Recommended: 18 Signs You Are a RCB Fan
Like MetroSaga on Facebook | Instagram
You can also Subscribe to MetroSaga for newsletters.