On Sunday morning, Prime Minister Modi addressed the 66th episode of his monthly address to the nation, Mann Ki Baat. He spoke about the novel coronavirus pandemic in the country and also spoke about the dispute with China.
Here are some of the key highlights from the show
- Starting off on a positive note, Prime Minister Modi said that one must not think that the rest of the year will be as bad as the first half.
- The Prime Minister also said that the country has turned a crisis into opportunities of growth by encouraging the citizens to make the best use of the year 2020 despite the hardships of the first half of the year.
- Speaking about China, he said that India knows how to be friends and also knows how to look at its enemies in the eye. With this, he sent a clear message to China.
- The Prime Minister also remembered the sacrifice of the Indian Armed Forces and said that the citizens will not forget the valor of the army and saluted the army for its sacrifice at the Galwan valley.
- Talking about the new agenda of vocal for local, he said that people’s participation is very important in the movement and also applauded a citizen from Assam and Tamil Nadu for their pledge for the movement.
- Prime Minister Modi said that for India to have global peace and unity, it needs to be strong.
- As the nation is in the unlocking phase of the novel coronavirus pandemic, Prime Minister alerted the citizens to be careful and asked them to maintain social distance, wash their hands, and continue to maintain hygiene.
- He hailed the migrant workers who have achieved the remarkable feat and said that their stories inspire the country to fight the country.
- Prime Minister also urged the citizens to promote India’s Indoor games and asked them to step aside from playing other online games in order to achieve vocal about local in games as well.
- As the rainy season approaches the country, the Prime Minister stressed the importance of rainwater harvesting and congratulated a school in Rajasthan for building a facility that stops wastage of 10,000 liters of water.
- He also informed the nation that European and North American countries are importing more Indian spices in order to boost their immunity towards the novel coronavirus.
- He also remembered former Prime Minister Narasimha Rao on his 99th birth anniversary. He referred to him as the great son of India.