The Indian Railways is set to modernize and transform Bengaluru’s Baiyappanahalli railway station into a world-class hub. This redevelopment project will be carried out by Indian Railway Stations Development Corporation.
Under this program, the existing railway station will be revamped into a sustainable building with natural ventilation, green spaces, and an abundance of light. Reportedly, Rs. 250 crore is the likely budget for the project. The project promises passengers that the revamped station will provide various state-of-the-art facilities. In order to carry forward this project, the Indian Railway Stations Development Corporation will be inviting Request for Qualification. The Chairman of the Railway Board, VK Yadav confirmed the news. The station will be spread over the area of 26,00,000 square foot area.
How The Station Might Look
The modernized station will have modern passenger information and display systems along with security systems and fire safety systems. Here are some of the things that are confirmed about the Baiyyapanahalli railway station redevelopment project.
- A new concourse area will be included in the station which will have waiting areas, restaurants, food courts, cafes, retail shops, kiosks, etc, along with the standard elevators and escalators.
- From the concourse area, multiple stories will have retiring rooms and lounges for passengers.
- The modernized station will have modern passenger information and display systems along with security systems and fire safety systems.
- The modernized Baiyappanahalli railway station will also include special amenities to old and physically challenged passengers.
- In order to have better accessibility to the revamped Baiyyapanahalli railway station, better road connectivity will be provided. The station will also have adequate parking spaces within its premises.
The project is a part of a program that is aimed at redeveloping many railway stations across the country. The Indian Railway Stations Development Corporation is also invited to the Request for Clarification for the Surat Railway Development Project too. The program is likely to transform many railway stations in India into airport-like-hubs. The first two stations in this program are Habibganj and Gandhinagar stations which are likely to be completed by the end of December 2020. The Gandhinagar railway station will also have a 5-star hotel on top of the rail tracks and is likely to run by the Leela group.
Source: The Financial Express