The Pulwama terror attack has shocked the entire nation. After the Uri attack, it is the first time that terrorism has affected the country in such a massive way. Most of the martyred jawans belong to Punjab and Uttar Pradesh and few from other parts of the country. 33-year-old H Guru who was also one of the CRPF jawan killed in the attack belongs to the Mandya district in Karnataka.
H Guru Lost Life In Pulwama Terror Attack
H Guru, aged 33 belonged to Gudigere village in Maddur taluk of Mandya district in Karnataka. He was a part of the 42 security personnel who died in the suicide attack in Pulwama on 14th February afternoon. A member of the CRPF’s 82nd battalion, Guru was a part of canopy heading towards Srinagar from Jammu when the attack occurred.
Guru studied in the Gudigere’s government school and later on completed his training in mechanics at an Industrial Training Institute. However, instead of pursuing it as his profession he joined the Indian army five years ago. Initially, he was posted in Jharkhand and was recently transferred to Kashmir. He married just six months ago and very recently constructed a new home. He joined duty on February 10 after his leave was over and even spoke with his mother over the phone yesterday at noon.
The family of Guru is in a state of shock after hearing the news of his death. All his friends, neighbors and local people gathered at his house on hearing this shocking news. According to Sagar, a close friend of Gudigere, “In spite of being in the army, he lived a simple life here. He would visit for 15 days every six months and in his friend circle, he was very popular. He always spoke about his work for the nation and he had recently got married.” The mortal remains of Guru will reach his home on 15th February.
Karnataka CM Promise To Expedite Compensation
The Chief Minister of Karnataka, Kumaraswamy spoke to the family of H Guru on Thursday after hearing of his death in the Pulama terror attack. He expressed his condolences over the death of the 42 jawans of CRPF. Kumaraswamy also instructed the district administration to expedite the compensation and make arrangement for the funeral of H Guru.
Complete List Of Martyred CRPF Jawans
1. Naseer Ahmad (Jammu and Kashmir)
2. Jaimal Singh (Punjab)
3. Sukhjinder Singh (Punjab)
4. Tilak Raj (Himachal Pradesh)
5. Rohitash Lamba (Rajasthan)
6. Vijay Soreng (Jharkhand)
7. Vasantha Kumar VV (Kerala)
8. Subramaniam G (Tamil Nadui)
9. Manoja Kumar Behera (Odisha)
10. GD Guru H (Karnataka)
11. Narayan Lal Gurjar (Rajasthan)
12. Mahesh Kumar (Uttar Pradesh)
13. Pradeep Kumar (Uttar Pradesh)
14. Hemraj Meena (Rajasthan)
15. PK Sahoo (Odisha)
16. Ramesh Yadav (Uttar Pradesh)
17. Sanjay Rajput (Maharashtra)
18. Koushal Kumar Rawat (Uttar Pradesh)
19. Pradeep Singh (Uttar Pradesh)
20. Shyam Babu (Uttar Pradesh)
21. Ajit Kumar Azad (Uttar Pradesh)
22. Maninder Singh Attri (Punjab)
23. Bablu Santra (West Bengal)
24. Ashvni Kumar Kaochi (Madhya Pradesh)
25. Rathod Nitin Shivaji (Maharashtra)
26. Bhagirathi Singh (Rajasthan)
27. Virendra Singh (Uttarakhand)
28. Awadhesh Kumar Yadav (Uttar Pradesh)
29. Ratan Kumar Thakur (Bihar)
30. Kankaj Kumar Tripathi (Uttar Pradesh)
31. Jeet Ram (Rajasthan)
32. Amit Kumar (Uttar Pradesh)
33. Vijay Kr. Mourya (Uttar Pradesh)
34. Kulwinder Singh (Punjab)
35. Maneswar Bsumatari (Assam)
36. Mohan Lal (Uttarakhand)
37. Sanjay Kumar Sinha (Bihar)
38. Ram Vakeel (Uttar Pradesh)
You can also Subscribe to MetroSaga for newsletters.