Actor Kangana Ranaut, who is at loggerheads with Maharashtra’s ruling party Shiv Sena, lashed out at Mumbai Police over the arrest of Saahil Choudhary, a YouTuber from Haryana, saying there is a “gunda raaj” going in the city. Kangana Ranaut also called Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray “world’s most incompetent CM”, saying nobody can question him and his government.
Sharing a news report of Saahil Choudhary arrest, Kangana Ranaut tweeted, “What is this gunda raaj going on in Mumbai? No one can question the world’s most incompetent CM and his team? What will they do to us? Break our houses and kill us? @INCIndia who is answerable for this? #istandwithsaahilchoudhary.”
Questioning Saahil Choudhary’s arrest, Kangana Ranaut referred to Payal Ghosh’s FIR against Anurag Kashyap and said, “Somebody random files a FIR against Saahil for questioning Maharashtra government’s work which is his democratic right and Shaahil is jailed immediately but #PayalGhosh has filed a FIR against #AnuragKashyap many days ago for rape but he is roaming free. Kya hai yeh sab
Somebody random files a FIR against Saahil for questioning Maha Government’s work which is his democratic right and Shaahil is jailed immediately but #PayalGhosh has filed a FIR against #AnuragKashyap many days ago for rape but he is roaming free. Kya hai yeh sab @INCIndia ? https://t.co/B2S7VhlQDB
— Kangana Ranaut (@KanganaTeam) September 29, 2020
Actor Payal Ghosh has accused Anurag Kashyap of sexual harassment. On Sunday, Payal Ghosh said she would resort to a hunger strike if no action is taken against filmmaker Anurag Kashyap whom she has accused of raping her. She also alleged that Anurag Kashyap has not been arrested despite the Mumbai Police registering an FIR against him because he is an “influential person”.
The Shiv Sena and actor Kangana Ranaut have been engaged in a war of words since the first week of September after the latter likened Mumbai to Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK) and also said she feared Mumbai Police more than the “movie mafia”.
Following this, the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) demolished a part of Kangana Ranaut’s Pali Hill bungalow in Mumbai, claiming that she had made substantial structural alterations without due permission, just before the actor landed in Mumbai amid heavy security.
SHIV SENA VS KANGANA RANAUT: 10 POINTS
1. Kangana Ranaut had crossed swords with the Shiv Sena, which controls the BMC, over her ‘Mumbai feels like PoK’ remark. Earlier, Kangana Ranaut had also said she feared Mumbai Police more than the movie mafia goons.
2. Shiv Sena leader Sanjay Raut said Kangana Ranaut had insulted the Mumbai Police and asked the actor to refrain from travelling back to the city. “We kindly request her not to come in Mumbai. This is nothing but an insult to the Mumbai police. The Home Ministry should take action over it,” Sanjay Raut said.
Speaking to India Today TV, Sanjay Raut said, “Kangana Ranaut is a mental case. She is spitting in the plate she eats from. There are some political parties supporting her.”
3. Kangana Ranaut responded to Sanjay Raut, saying he had openly threatened her and asked, “Why is Mumbai feeling like Pakistan occupied Kashmir?”
She said, “Sanjay Raut Shiv Sena leader has given me an open threat and asked me not to come back to Mumbai, after Aazadi graffitis in Mumbai streets and now open threats, why Mumbai is feeling like Pakistan occupied Kashmir? (sic).”
4. The IT cell of the Shiv Sena on September 8 filed a complaint with the Thane police against actor Kangana Ranaut over her remark where she compared Mumbai to Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK).
5. Ahead of Kangana Ranaut’s visit to Mumbai on September 9, was granted Y category security by the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA).
6. The war of words between Kangana Ranaut and the Shiv Sena took a dramatic turn when on the day of the actor’s visit to Mumbai, the BMC demolished “illegal alterations” at her Mumbai office. The same day, the Bombay HC stayed the demolition process and sought to know why did the city civic body enter the property when the owner was not present.
7. Kangana Ranaut sought a compensation of Rs 2 crore from the BMC. A few days later, Kangana Ranaut met Governor Bhagat Singh Koshyari. “Governor saheb heard me like his daughter and I believe I will get justice so that the faith of all citizens including young girls, is restored in the system,” she said after meeting the governor.
8. Shiv Sena MP Sanjay Raut took a swipe at the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), saying it was unfortunate that Maharashtra’s prime opposition party was backing those who likened Mumbai to Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK). Without naming Bollywood actress Kangana Ranaut in his weekly column ‘Rokhthok’ in Shiv Sena mouthpiece ‘Saamana’, Sanjay Raut said this was done with an eye on the upcoming Bihar Assembly elections.
9. Taking to Twitter, Kangana Ranaut took a jibe at Sanjay Raut, saying it was unfortunate that the BJP was protecting someone who “busted drug and mafia racket”.
10. Bombay HC, while hearing a writ petition filed by actor Kangana Ranaut on Monday, said there was something fishy going on in the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) when it came to the demolition of alleged illegal constructions. During the questioning, the bench noted that in cases of similar illegalities in buildings close to Ranauts, the BMC had waited for several days to carry out the demolition.
Source: India Today