In fresh Covid-19 guidelines issued by the government, it has advised citizens on when to wear the masks, in between the rise of tension.
Rise of COVID-19 in India
According to the fresh reports, India recorded 11 new cases of Covid-19 on Tuesday, bringing the total number of infected people to 125.
Earlier, the government had announced that face masks and hand sanitizers were essential commodities till the end of June in its efforts to curb the spread of coronavirus. However, it resulted in a panic amongst the common citizens. People isolated themselves in home, they never bothered to attend public gatherings, face masks and sanitizers were everywhere.
After, witnessing a fear amongst people, the government issued a fresh guideline advising everyone to stay calm.
According to the guideline, everyone need not wear a mask.
Only wear a mask if:
- You have symptoms (cough, fever or difficulty in breathing)
- You are caring for a Covid-19 suspect/confirmed patient
- You are a health worker attending to patients with respiratory symptoms
The ministry has also given the process on how to handle the masks.
While wearing a mask, make sure you:
- Unfold pleats of the mask; make sure that they are facing down
- Change the mask after six hours or as soon as it becomes wet
- Place the mask over your nose, mouth, and chin and ensure there are no gaps on either side of the mask. Adjust to fit.
- Never reuse disposable masks and dispose the used masks into closed bins after disinfecting them
- Avoid touching the mask while using it
- Do not touch the potentially contaminated outer surface of the mask while removing it
- Do not leave the mask hanging from the neck
- After removal of the mask, clean your hands with soap and water or use alcohol-based hand rub disinfectant
In its fight against coronavirus, India must update its testing mechanism. For which, the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) is sizing up testing capacity further and has placed an order for one million testing reagents from Germany. Nine more laboratories for testing and sample collection are being added to the network.