China has been in limelight due to COVID 19 global pandemic since February 2020, and now it gained more hatred the world after killing 20 Indian soldiers in a clash in Ladakh. Ironically, China declares not to contribute to any of the above.
China has said it never detained Indian soldiers after Indian media reports that China had released 10 of them late on Thursday. Indian officials have also denied that Indian troops were in Chinese custody.
Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian said on Friday that “China hasn’t seized any Indian personnel” when asked about the media reports. The comments come as China blames India for a recent military clash at their border that left 20 people dead.
Mr Zhao said that “the right and wrong is very clear and the responsibility lies entirely with the Indian side”. He added that the two sides are in communication over diplomatic and military channels.
“We hope India can work with China to maintain the long-term development of bilateral relations,” he said at a daily briefing.
This week’s confrontation in the Galwan Valley, part of the disputed Ladakh region along the Himalayan frontier, was the deadliest conflict between the sides in 45 years.
At least 20 Indian soldiers have been reportedly martyred in the violent face-off with China in the Galwan valley area in Eastern Ladakh. “Casualty numbers could rise,” government Sources were quoted as saying by news agency ANI. So far, reports had confirmed only three deaths – that of an Army officer and two jawans.
Citing sources, news agency PTI pegged the casualty count at 10. “At least 10 Indian Army personnel killed in a violent face-off in Ladakh’s Galwan Valley,” PTI reported. “No exact numbers but the Chinese side also suffered casualties in Ladakh face-off,” government officials confirmed to the agency.
ANI further reported that the Indian intercepts reveal that Chinese side suffered 43 casualties including dead and seriously injured in a face-off in the Galwan valley.