Multiple allegations have been levelled against Rhea Chakraborty in connection with Sushant Singh Rajput’s untimely death. First, the family accused her of abetting his suicide, which is being investigated by the Central Bureau Of Investigation (CBI). Later, the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) intervened and arrested Rhea in a drug case linked to Sushant’s death. It’s been almost 3 months since Sushant passed away but the mystery around his untimely death only seems to be getting deeper by the day.
Rhea has been subjected to unmeasurable amount of hate on social media with all fingers pointing at her. A section of the society has already proven her guilty even before CBI could come to a conclusion. So far, Rhea has been grilled by the Mumbai Police, Enforcement Directorate (ED), CBI, NCB and has now also been sent to 14-day judicial custody. Her bail plea was rejected by the court yesterday and she has been asked to appeal to the Sessions Court next.
10 crucial statements made by Rhea Chakraborty amid Sushant’s death probe
- Rhea’s first statement on Sushant’s death was through her emotional Instagram post. This was exactly a month after the actor passed away. By this time, she had also recorded her statement with the Mumbai Police. Rhea, in her post, mentioned how much she loved Sushant and will continue to love him for a lifetime.
- Two days later, Rhea shared another post and requested Home Minister Amit Shah to initiate a CBI probe in Sushant’s case by stating, “I’m sushant Singh Rajputs girlfriend Rhea chakraborty, it is now over a month since his sudden demise . I have complete faith in the government , however in the interest of justice , I request you with folded hands to initiate a CBI enquiry into this matter . I only want to understand what pressures prompted Sushant to take this step.”
- On July 29, Sushant’s father lodged FIR against Rhea with the Bihar Police by accusing her of abetting his son’s suicide. Soon the outrage on social media against Rhea multiplied. Speculations were made that she has gone into the hiding. Rhea then released a video wherein she appealed with folded hands. “I have immense faith in God and the Judiciary. I believe that I will get justice. Even though, a lot of horrible things are being said about me in electronic media, I refrain from commenting on advice of my lawyers as matter is sub-judice. Satyamev Jayate. The truth shall prevail”. Click HERE to watch the video.
- As the death probe took new turns every day, Rhea’s laywer Satish Maneshinde released a shocking statement claiming Sushant’s sister Priyanka Singh had ‘groped’ Rhea in April 2019 which had led to a fight between Sushant and Priyanka. “Rhea was asleep in Sushant’s room when she suddenly awoke to find Priyanka had got into bed with her and was groping her. Rhea was extremely shocked and demanded that she leave the room immediately. Subsequently, Rhea herself left the house. Thereafter, Rhea informed Sushant as to what had transpired and Sushant got into an argument with his sister regarding the same. That due to the aforesaid incident, the relationship between Sushant’s family and Rhea had been strained since inception”, read the statement.
- Ahead of her first day of CBI inquiry, Rhea took to news channels to break her silence on all the allegations pressed against her and her family by Sushant’s father. She hit out at Sushant’s family in a tell-all interview. “Sushant ne bola mujhe. Sushant mere sapne mei aya tha aur kafi logo ke sapne mei aya voh, jisse voh jante bhi nhi hee. Or usne bola ‘speak the truth’. Jaa kr skbo bolo ki tum kya ho,” (He came in my dream, he has come in many people’s dreams, the ones whom he didn’t even know. He told me, ‘Go speak the truth, show everyone who you are) ,she said in one of her statements.
- Rhea spoke about Sushant consuming drugs after being questioned if she procurded drugs for him. “It’s unfortunate that kisi ke guzar jane ke baad hume uski vices ko aise exploit krna hota hai but ab mere pas koi option nhi hai. Yes, Sushant used to smoke marijuana aur haan voh kafi regularly peete the. (He used to smoke marijuana and drink regularly).
- Rhea claimed that Sushant wasn’t on great terms with his father KK Singh. She also said that he hadn’t met his father for 5 years. In the same context, she spoke about Sushant suffering from alleged depression and how his mother too passed away due to mental illness. “Unki jo mother thi.. jo pass away..jinse wo behad pyaar karte the..mujhe lagta hai ki unka depression ka bada reason ye tha ki wo apne maa k bina nahi jee sakte the…wo bhi mental illness ki shikhar thi (His mother, who passed away, whom he loved deeply…I think one of the main reasons behind his depression was that he couldn’t live without his mom…she was also also a victim of mental illness)
- Rhea claimed Sushant was ‘claustrophic’ as she recalled to their Europe trip. “Europe janey walley din, Sushant ne mujhe and sabko bataya ki usko flight me baithne se bahut claustrophobia hai aur uske liye vo ek dawai leta hai. Jo uske pass humesha hoti hai (When we were flying to Europe, Sushant told me that he gets claustrophophic and he also used to take a medicine for it. He always carried it with him)
- Rhea lodged official complaint against Sushant’s sister Priyanka Singh for sending SSR a bogus medical prescription of psychotropic drugs’ on June 8, 5 days prior to his untimely death. She also accused Delhi-based Dr Tarun Kumar of forgery and preparing a “fake” prescription of medicines for anxiety. The case has now been trasnferred to CBI for further probe.
- Before getting arrested by NCB yesterday, Rhea made a hard-hitting statement with her t-shirt that she wore for the interrogation in alleged drug case. It read, “Roses are red, violets are blue, let’s smash the patriarchy, me and you.’