Though electric vehicles have not been ranked amongst the most popular, they are catching on fast to their petrol counterparts. Electric vehicles are offering better features and the same designs which have been available in the market for a long time, which would be like offering custom essay order, to existing essays. The electric vehicle is fitted with an electric motor and a battery pack which is used to store energy for use.
The maintenance of electric vehicles is most important, to keep them in good working conditions. After every 20,000km you need to rotate the tyres and annually check the brakes. Electric vehicles are available in three different types depending on their dependency on electricity. These types include:
• Hybrid electric vehicles which use petrol but supplement electricity in the braking system and electricity stored in batteries.
• Extended-range electric vehicles and plug-in hybrid vehicles, both use petrol and electricity from external sources. These favors its primary source of energy some favor electricity while some favor petrol.
• Battery electric vehicles use electricity as their main energy source and they are fitted with advanced lithium-ion batteries.
Importance of electric vehicles
• They reduce the emission of harmful gas in the environment.
• Due to the use of renewable energy, greenhouse gas emissions are reduced.
• They are made of eco-friendly materials because the vehicles are made from recycled materials and bio-based materials have been used to make some parts such as the padding.
• They are beneficial for our health because they have better air quality leading to fewer health problems.
• They are powered locally and easily with various renewable energy sources, reducing dependency on the importation of petroleum.
• They have low maintenance costs.
• They are highly efficient while operating on low maintenance costs.
• Electric vehicles are less likely to roll because of their lower venture of gravity lowering accident levels and they are durable.
• They have less moving parts compared to petrol and diesel car, so less servicing is needed.
• They have lower running costs because they use a third of what a petrol counterpart user.
Electric vehicles are catching on but they might not fit everyone, especially if you drive more than 200km a day and pass through steep mountain passes. Electric vehicles just like thesis helpers seem to overtake the others making them attractive to use. However, if you love your car and wouldn’t think of replacing it, then consider converting it instead of buying a new electric vehicle. This is a challenge but a rewarding one.