Bengaluru Airport Launches 24/7 Indoor Ambulance Facility To Provide Emergency Service

0
3913
bangalore airport ambulance facility

The Kempegowda International Airport, Bengaluru has launched Indoor Ambulance facility to provide emergency service. As a part of this activity, two vehicles operated on battery will be stationed in the terminal of the Bengaluru airport.

These ambulances will have all the essential equipment along with oxygen cylinders. The officials believe that it will ensure faster medical care prior to shifting the patients to Aster Hospital that is built within the premises of the airport for further medical service.

24/7 Emergency Medical Service Within Terminals

 The ambulances will be operated by experienced professionals and emergency medical technicians of the medical partner of KIA, Aster Hospital. Through this collaboration, 24/7 emergency medical service will be provided within both international and domestic terminals.   

The Chief Operating Officer, Bangalore International Airport Limited, Thomas Hoff Anderson said, “We launched this Indoor Ambulance Service to provide rapid response during medical emergencies in the terminal. Treatment starts as soon as the patient is onboard the ambulance and continues on the journey to the hospital. Our aim is to provide the best care for passengers who need emergency support.”

2.91 Million Passengers Transited Through KIA In May 2019

Started in May 2008, Bengaluru airport provides a wide air-route network and connects the city to the entire world with more than 37 passenger airlines and 12 cargo airlines. KIA is the busiest airport in  South India and the third largest airport in the country. In May 2019, KIA recorded a growth of 6.2% in the number of passengers transiting through it.

Statistics show that more than 2.91 million passengers used KIA during May 2019. Currently, the airport is going through an expansion process worth Rs.13,000 crores of investment. The expansion includes widening of roads, a new terminal, cargo bays, and metro access.

Bengaluru’s KIA has been built on a public-private partnership with the private promoters holding 74% stake in BIAL whereas the government holds the remaining stake of 26% through Airport  Authority of India (13%) and Karnataka State Industrial & Infrastructure Development Corporation Limited (13%).

Comments

comments

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here