Amir khan’s visit to Turkey has made headlines but not for the right reasons as he has found himself in the midst of a controversy. He visited the country for a recce of his upcoming film, Laal Singh Chaddha, which he is planning to shoot from October this year. A picture wherein Aamir is seen conversing with the first lady and is drawing major flak.
I had the great pleasure of meeting @aamir_khan, the world-renowned Indian actor, filmmaker, and director, in Istanbul. I was happy to learn that Aamir decided to wrap up the shooting of his latest movie ‘Laal Singh Chaddha’ in different parts of Turkey. I look forward to it! pic.twitter.com/3rSCMmAOMW
— Emine Erdoğan (@EmineErdogan) August 15, 2020
Erodgan also tweeted photos with Aamir and write, “I had the great pleasure of meeting @aamir_khan, the world-renowned Indian actor, filmmaker, and director, in Istanbul. I was happy to learn that Aamir decided to wrap up the shooting of his latest movie ‘Laal Singh Chaddha’ in different parts of Turkey. I look forward to it!”
5 reasons why people are angry with Aamir Khan’s meeting with Erodgan
1. People are bashing the actor right, left, and centre for proving that he supports the cause of the Hagia Sophia Mosque in the land of Turkey.
#AamirKhan has blatantly made a statement by meeting #Turkey's first lady, #EmineErdogan that he supports- conversion of Hagia Sophia in2 a mosque and Turkey's Anti India stand on #Kashmir.Let's into further signs of treachery & betrayal but boycott all future movies of the Khans
— Abhishek Mukherjee (@Indians4_CAA) August 17, 2020
2. People are calling out the hypocrisy of the actor for shooting a Hindu film but he is supporting the anti-Indian activities.
#AamirKhan जैसे गद्दार जानबूझ कर दुश्मन देशों में जाकर पैसा कमा रहे है और हम हिन्दू इनकी फ़िल्म देखकर इन्हें मालामाल कर रहे है।बहुत हो चुका भाइयो इन गद्दारो को सबक सीखना बहुत जरूरी है हर काम मोदी,अमित शाह या योगी जी नही करेंगे कुछ हमे भी करना होंगा जल्द pic.twitter.com/QcpqEyKvSU
— डॉ विजय शर्मा🇮🇳 (@mahadev123456) August 17, 2020
— Filmfare (@filmfare) August 17, 2020
3. They are angry with Aamir Khan for not meeting the president of Israel but rather chose to meet the First Lady of Turkey.
Gaddar hai Amir who meets enemies of nation, he refused To meet Israeli president…..Classical Radicals #AamirKhan
— dranilroy (@anilroydr2000) August 17, 2020
4. People are pointing out Turkey’s President is supporting Pakistan on their stand on Kashmir and Aamir Khan meeting his wife is not acceptable and are calling him a traitor.
Turkish president is backing Pakistan's stand on Kashmir and Indian Superstar Amir khan is meeting his wife. Celebrities from smaller countries are more loyal to their motherland than bollywood people ever would be.
According to report
"The meeting was requested by Khan" pic.twitter.com/KOCmAsOJff
— Prachee (@pracheevaiti) August 16, 2020
5. People are also taking a dig at the infamous intolerance remark by Aamir Khan.
— legendrock31 (@Munnaaaaahhhhh) August 17, 2020