While the 2019 early election results show Bharatiya Janatha Party and the Shiv Sena alliance marching towards victory, Aditya Thackeray from Shiv Sena has become a talk of the debate; Will Shiv Sena ditch BJP to make Aditya Thackeray CM? Well, the answer depends on further situations of the election results which will have a clear picture. Let us discuss about the unknown facts of the young leader of the Shiv Sena.
The future of Shiv Sena
The changing face of Shiv Sena politics, Aditya Thackeray has emerged to be the most discussed leader in Maharashtra politics. He is the most attention gained politician amongst most of his modern counterparts. Son of Uddhav Thackeray, he is the first from the Thackeray family to contest elections ever since Shiv Sena was founded by his grandfather Bal Thackeray in 1966.
Seeing him has the future of Shiv Sena, it is for sure the party is putting right on the money. The reason why the 29-year-old is getting the limelight is that he is an educated politician, a socially and environmentally attentive, fluent in a multiple of languages, a person who demands to make Mumbai a city that never sleeps, and his dressing style.
Here are the 10 things to know about Aditya Thackeray
1. Aaditya Uddhav Thackeray is the son of Uddhav Thackeray, leader of the Shiv Sena, and grandson of Bal Thackeray. He is also a Great-grandson of Keshawrao Thakre.
2. Breaking the family tradition of not personally contesting elections Aditya is the first person in the family to contest elections ever since Shiv Sena was founded by his grandfather Bal Thackeray in 1966.
3. Aditya Thackeray has rolled out several popular initiatives-BEST (Brihanmumbai Electric Supply & Transport) buses offer free rides to students in uniform and a new party portal, which carries syllabuses in audio-visual format for Marathi students.
4. Aditya Thackeray is also the President of Yuva Sena, a youth wing of Shiv Sena. He had established the Yuva Sena on 17 October 2010 which has units across Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Kerala, Bihar and Jammu, and Kashmir.
5. The third generation Thackeray likes reading histories of the British monarchy and also enjoys cricket and looks forward to taking a decision that will change millions of lives.
6. Aditya is one of the most read and discussed leaders in Maharashtra’s political circles for his sharp intelligence and presence of mind. He has managed student politics at a very young age and has brought thousands of young volunteers to Shiv Sena with the help of Yuva Sena.
7. Many might not know that Aditya is also a poet. His first book of poems, ‘My Thoughts in White and Black’, was published in 2007. He is also a lyricist and released a private album ‘Ummeed’. He wrote all the eight songs in Ummeed.
8. He has studied history at St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai and has taken law classes from K.C. College, Mumbai.
9. The Thackeray scion has also proposed revival of Mumbai nightlife by allowing malls and restaurants to be open all night. He says it will open up the city, increase state revenues and make Mumbai more ‘tourist friendly’.
10. Early in 2015, Aditya came forward and supported the net neutrality campaign. He wrote a letter to TRAI and stated that killing net neutrality and allowing telecom operators to do so is not only draconian but also messes up the entire utility angle of access to the internet which has been widely used in the country.