After 50 days at the Box Office, Yash’s KGF Chapter 2 continues to rake in money in its seventh week. Directed by Prashanth Neel, the film has collected Rs 1239.79 crore worldwide so far. Here are some of the ‘monstrous milestones’ it has created in these seven weeks.
10 ‘monstrous milestones’ achieved by KGF Chapter 2
1. When the teaser for KGF Chapter 2 was uploaded on YouTube, it became the most-watched teaser in the world during the first 24 hours. It received 72 million views on the first day. By making it the fifth most-watched clip on the planet. Not only that, but it also became the world’s second most popular teaser in the first 24 hours.
2. Yash starrer movie is the most expensive film in the Kannada industry. Since Chapter 2 had a larger reach, the movie had a budget of 100 crores. Moreover, it was dubbed into multiple languages as well. And guess what? It became one of the most popular and highest-grossing Kannada films with an overall collection of Rs 1239.79 crores.
3. The film got released across the nation with a massive 6,000 screens and 8000 screens worldwide, which is slated to be one of the biggest screen records since Baahubali 2.
4. Directed by Prashanth Neel, KGF 2 has set many benchmarks for upcoming films, especially Hindi films. Because the Hindi version of Yash starrer did a good collection of over 450 plus crore only next to Bahubali 2. The craze that people have for the film is amazing.
5. Prashanth Neel’s film now holds the record for highest grosser in the opening weekend, the highest first-day collection for any Hindi film, and the fastest film to earn Rs 200 crores.
6. Surprisingly KGF 2 sold 2.9M tickets in advance breaking the record of Baahubali 2 and Hollywood blockbuster Avengers: Endgame. It also becomes the first Hindi film to earn more than Rs 50 crore in one day.
7. The film that has shattered box office records ever since it was released, KGF 2 is the most successful film ever being made in the Kannada film industry. The film has achieved landmarks that no other film from the Sandalwood industry has ever done.
8. The craze for the movie engaged the major sports club too and many international football clubs. The Indian Premier League teams held a special screening of the movie for their players. The football clubs like Real Madrid, Manchester City, and Tottenham Hotspurs relished the fanfare of KGF by posting their own version of K.G.F. on their social media handles.
9. The movie gained international recognition when it featured among the top 5 movies in the world, on its opening weekend.
10. An emerging pan-India production house, Hombale Films is all set to produce some of the biggest projects in the industry over the next two years. Hombale Films is also the producer of their third pan-India movie with Prabhas titled Salaar.