10 Highest Grosser Indian Movies Worldwide, RRR Reaches Top 5

SS Rajamouli’s film, starring Jr NTR and Ram Charan, has become the fifth highest-grossing Indian film internationally, overtaking PK. Here is an updated list of the Highest Grossing Indian Movies.

The rise of South Indian film industries

The Bollywood industry, Telugu cinema, and other South Indian film industries, collectively represent 79% of net box office revenue in India, said a report. The remaining 21 % of Box Office revenue is from other regional film industries.


Bollywood which once ruled the Indian box office is slowly being taken over by the regional cinemas especially south Indian cinema.


To justify that, in the top 10 highest grosser Indian movies list, 4 movies are from South India, also the second position is conquered by the Telugu magnum Baahubali 2, which collected a whopping Rs 1429 Crore at the Indian Box Office and Rs 1810 Crore World Wide.

The recent release pan India film directed by S. S. Rajamouli grosses the Rs 900 Crore mark worldwide and Rs 625 Crore domestically in just 10 days of its theatrical run, RRR has now become the second-highest grosser in India.


We must also not forget that the upcoming big-ticket south Indian films like K.G.F- Chapter 2, Liger, Salaar, etc are in line to break big records at the box office.

List of highest-grossing Indian films

1. Dangal

Cast: Aamir Khan, Sakshi Tanwar, Fatima Sana Shaikha, Sanya Malhotra, Zaira Wasim
Date Of Release: 23 Dec 2016
Budget: Rs 75 Cr
World Wide Collection (Gross): Rs 2024 Cr

2. Baahubali 2

Cast: Prabhas, Rana Daggubati, Anushka Shetty, Tamannaah
Date Of Release: 28 April 2017
Budget: Rs 250 Cr
World Wide Collection (Gross): Rs 1810 Cr


3. Bajarangi Bhaijaan 

Cast: Salman Khan, Kareena Kapoor Khan, Nawazuddin Siddiqui
Date Of Release: 17 July 2015
Budget: Rs 90 Cr
World Wide Collection (Gross): Rs 969 Cr

4. Secret Superstar 

Cast: Aamir Khan, Kiran Rao,
Date Of Release: 19 Oct 2017
Budget: Disputed
World Wide Collection (Gross): Rs 977 Cr

5. RRR

Cast: N.T.R Jr., Ram Charan, Ajay Devgn, Alia Bhatt,
Date Of Release: 25 March 2022
Budget: Rs 550 Cr
World Wide Collection (Gross): Rs 920 Cr


6. PK

Cast: Aamir Khan, Anushka Sharma, Sushant Singh Rajput
Date Of Release: 19 Dec 2014
Budget: Rs 85 Cr
World Wide Collection (Gross): Rs 854 Cr

7. Robo 2.0

Cast: Rajinikanth, Akshay Kumar, Amy Jackson
Date Of Release: 29 Nov 2018
Budget: Rs 500-570 Cr
World Wide Collection (Gross): Rs 655-Rs 800 Cr

8. Baahubali 

Cast: Prabhas, Rana Daggubati, Tamannaah, Anushka Shetty
Date Of Release: 10 July 2015
Budget: Rs 180 Cr
World Wide Collection (Gross): Rs 650 Cr

source: twitter

9. Sultan 

Cast: Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma
Date Of Release: 6 July 2016
Budget: Rs 145 Cr
World Wide Collection (Gross): Rs 623.33 Cr


10. Sanju 

Cast: Ranbir Kapoor, Paresh Rawal, Manisha Koirala, Vicky Kaushal
Date Of Release: 29 June 2018
Budget: Rs 96 Cr
World Wide Collection (Gross): Rs 586.85 Cr